This ancient form of artistic movement has been practiced for thousands of years and remains very popular throughout the world. The beautiful movements of this art evolved with strong links to womanhood, motherhood, sensuality and even fertility. Belly dance is a non-impact, weight-bearing exercise and is thus, suitable for all ages. Many of the moves involve isolations, which improves flexibility of the torso. Belly dance moves are beneficial to the spine, as the full-body undulation moves lengthens (decompresses) and strengthens the entire column of the spinal and the abdominal muscles in a gentle way.
Belly Dance is also a safe, simple and effective way to achieve lasting fitness. Belly- dancing can burn up to 300 calories an hour. Building body endurance, toning muscles and gaining flexibility are few of the key aspects of this dance.
Cardio Belly Dance
Cardio Belly Dance classes are designed with a fitness focus. Belly Dance not only works your ‘midsection’ but also gives you a full body workout that shapes and tones the muscles along with the strengthening the abdominal core. While all the dance classes are beneficial for the body, cardio belly dance classes incorporate various elements to optimize fitness through toning, strengthening, stretching and cardio endurance.
What is Cardio Belly Dance?
Cardiovascular exercise simply means exercises that involve the large muscles, like the muscles in legs that help make your heart and lungs stronger. Cardio Belly Dance has lots of health benefits like lowering your blood pressure, and will definitely help in burning calories - for those of you who want to lose weight.
- It’s one way to burn calories and helps you lose weight
- It makes your heart strong so that it doesn’t have to work as hard to pump blood to the rest of the body.
- It increases your lung capacity, thereby inducing more oxygen flow to the brain and the other organs.
- Helps reduce the risk of heart attacks, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Makes you feel good and toned overall!
- Helps you to sleep better.
- And of course, Cardio Belly Dancing helps beat stress!
Why Cardio Belly Dance At Sanaz Dance Studio?
- The classes are strictly for women only, so you can loosen up, let your hair down and let go of all your inhibitions while shaking it like Shakira!
- We use authentic, foot-tapping, Middle Eastern dance music.
- In addition to the workout, you will have the opportunity to learn new Belly Dance moves that we will teach you during or towards the end of class in order for you to have fun and keep fit!.
You Can Also Buy...
- Workout clothes (preferably stretch)
- Heavy socks for the feet
- Ballet shoes (optional)
- Coin belts
- Belly Dance costumes
- Ballet Shoes
- And funky belly dancing tops!
- A Towel
- Water, lots of it!!!
So, work up a sweat and tone muscles you never knew you had! As with most other classes, no prior dance experience is required! All you need is a bit of willingness to learn and lots of gusto! Work on your poise and flexibility while burning calories with Sanaz Dance Studio. By the end of class, you’ll not only have made new friends, but you will also transform yourself into a chic and healthy belly dancer along with enjoying an exhilarating workout in the process!